, posted 6 hours ago / 1,423 Views
Nintendo’s hybrid video game console, the Nintendo Switch, has surpassed 60 million units sold to consumers worldwide, according to VGChartz estimates.
The Nintendo Switch reached the milestone for the week ending July 18, 2020. The console sold 379,560 units to bring its lifetime sales to 60,025,435 units.
It has taken the Nintendo Switch 41 months to sell 60 million units worldwide. Comparing this rival consoles, it took the PlayStation 4 a total of 44 months to reach the milestone, while the Xbox One has yet to sell 50 million units worldwide. It did take the PlayStation 3 62 months and the Xbox 360 74 months.
Comparing Switch sales to other platforms by Nintendo, it took the Wii 38 months to sell 60 million units worldwide, the DS 38 months, and the 3DS 68 months.
Here is a list of the top 10 best-selling Nintendo Switch games worldwide, according to Nintendo’s shipment figures through March 31, 2020:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 24.77 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 18.84 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 17.41 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 17.41 million
- Pokemon Sword / Pokemon Shield – 17.37 million
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 11.97 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 11.77 million (first 11 days) / 13.41 million (first six weeks)
- Splatoon 2 – 10.13 million
- Super Mario Party – 10.10 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 6.60 million
The Nintendo Switch launched on Mach 3, 2017. The handheld only version, the Nintendo Switch Lite, launched on September 20, 2019.
A life-long and avid gamer, William D’Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let’s Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @TrunksWD.